Skip to main content

Festival Of Heroes 2017

"We are all mad here" 





When your a parent, you want nothing more then to see your little one smile, today poppy, my mum and I took a mini road trip to the Roman villa in Brading (iow). Yes, It was a road trip, it took an hour to get there #Islandlife. The festival of heroes was in aid of raising money for a local charity called the daisy chain charity. With many Disney character names announced on their Facebook page it seemed like a pretty good idea to take Poppy for the day. 





"Its always tea time" 

 it was another 40 minutes of queuing before we had even got in! But seeing poppys face light up at her favourite characters was rather special. She loved playing with the mad hatter, teasing him by taking his cups and pouring Alice invisible tea into hers! She was besotted with Belle, woody and jessy and gave a huge hug to Snow White. Although it was a pain in the arse with the travel and waiting to get in its the little moments like these that forget the bad ones. 

I hope you enjoyed the magical read
Lots of love 
Natasha 
xXx 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

not another autumn post

autumn is here...
Cosy, fluffy blankets are on the top of my list, although I keep them out all year round, I do have a basket in the front room to keep them stored both the grey and brown are from Primark at only £5 each. The crochet red and white one was hand made by a family member for poppy.

- Scents around the house have to be sweet and fresh but I do like the apple and cinnamon smells for autumn and winter plus a few Yankee candles ( Christmas cookie is my favourite).

- A new bag! I try to have a bag for every season but I change my mind all the time, this year I've gone for a cross over bag with gorgeous embroidery detail and guess what? It was only £7 from primark. Bonus! 
- I can finally bring out my favourite boots. My studded ankle boots from Truffle and my Dune brown winter boots are nice and warm also my pretty floral Ralph Lauren wellies are great for a rainy day or a muddy hike! 
- This is going to be an odd one but I tend to clear out my wardrobe for every season, …

Jane Eyre at The Mayflower theatre

A night at the theatre with @sotonbloggers 




I've always been a theatre lover and I've seen many shows at the Mayflower theatre over the years, so when I was invited to see Sally cooksons new adaptation of Charlotte bronte's novel Jayne eyre last night, I had to be there. We were given Great seats where we sat comfortably waiting for the show to begin. I honestly had no idea what to expect on this "new take" of the novel, it was also a great time to announce the tour as 2017 is the 170th anniversary of when Jane eyre was first published. the highly acclaimed co-production between the national theatre and the Bristol old vic. 
Jayne Eyre, played by the amazingly talented Nadia Cliford, shows her beginnings as a destitute orphan overcomes life's obstacles from surviving poverty, injustice, betrayal and the ultimate decisions on following her heart. While others may of found the thought of Jayne Eyre on stage might not of been their cup of tea I can honestly say…

Toddler Clothing Haul

Body warmer; Next (last year gifted  by my mum)  White long sleeve top; Morrison's  Black leggins: Morrison's  Suede look tassle boots ; Brantano 
It's getting cooler by the day and when you start layering up you know it's time to go shopping for autumn/winter clothing. Poppy is now in 2-3year clothing but still with a few 12-18months clothes depending on the shop they're from. I like to shop in next (during the sales), nutmeg in Morrisons, Matalan, h&m, sainsburys and some lovely bits from baby Gap.

Top- Morrison's  Trousers pack of two- Morrison's 
Top- Next Trousers- Morrison's 
Top- sainsburys Trousers- Morrison's 

I thought I'd show you her new bits so far but I will be doing another toddler clothing haul soon as I'm heading to Primark this weekend. A few items were gifted to her from friends and family also a bunch of it we recently bought ourselves. You may of seen A few cute #babyootd photos over on my Instagram which I've r…