Skip to main content

Interview with Khandie Khisses



Hello ladies I had the pleasure to interview Khandie Khisses!
This lady is a great Role model to any person reading this interview
shes worked her way up from being in the royal air force military to top burlesque performer!!!
Queen of Burlesque' - Editor of BleedingCool.com, Fixe Magazine and Brooks Theatre.
Voted into The Top 50 Burlesque Stars of the World (2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012).
Placed in Top 20 Burlesque Performers in UK 2013.


WARNING
*a few funny moments ahead that will make you spit your tea all over your computer which happend to me while doing this interview!! 
Read &Enjoy!!!






1-whats in your make up bag?

GUM! I always get a mouth drier than a desert before performing so I always have a packet hand.

Mascara -  I am naturally *ginger* eek and so have the palest of eyelashes. Thick black mascara is my weapon of choice. 

Rice powder - no shiny face for me.

Kirby grips - you gotta have those.

Lipstick - whatever colour I am wearing that day. Probably MAC and probably something garish. I do love Candy Yum Yum layered with Rebel at the moment.


2-your a performer! How long does it take to create outfits?

Its a bit of a hard one to tie down. I can create a costume in a week, piecing together existing costumes or like my most recent one, take 6 months. 


3- your heading to a music festival please pick your top 5 luxury items?

SUNCREAM! Adults have no excuse for sun burn, plus it can double up as moisturiser. Mascara. Chewing gum (stinky breathe is a NO NO). dry shampoo - no greasy locks.  Lady wipes. I dont want no dirty fanny or stinking crotch from 3 days in a mud slide festival LOL.


4-from tthe pictures you post, you must love fashion!? Please pick 5 of your favorite day or evening outfits?







The first one is me off to a meeting. I actually wore this sequin skirt to death! My shape is hourglass so I always try to highlight my waist.

The second I was off to work as a photographer for the day so I needed to be comfortable but as the shoot was outside, jacket was essential. The short sleeves help by not being too constricting. Plus who doesnt love faux fur!?

The third I was looking over a show I was curating. Hence the hipster look. This dress is my favorite dress up/down number. My cat ear hat was an impulsive  buy. I have yet to regret it.

The fourth is a £5 dress i bought at a vintage fair. its a 60s number...it needed ONE stitch so I snapped it up and I adore it. Those heels are a Tesco's sales bargain for all of £7 hahaha. BARGAIN.

The fifth is my rather naughty outfit. I work it to teach burlesque. Hotpants are perfect for teaching but not for shopping in tescos after. I love the cutesy preppy side of this but lets be fair, LEGSHOW!


5-whats your favorite fragrance? Any Viv Westwood for the day but onstage I wear Black XS.


6-whats your daily make-up routine? Moisturise like crazy. Eyebrows, eyeliner then mascara. Moisturiser is key. Never forget it.


7-pleas pick 3of your favorite performance outfits and why? 



My newest one. It took ages to come together and is worth every second of that wait. I adore it. Its feminine whilst maintaining strength. Plus I feel bad ass in it. Georgina Brown made this one. She knows her cage bras! I feel awesome in this outfit. 

My second was a costume that has spawned a life long friendship and business relationship with Vintage Lynndy Loo. This costume has changed its purpose over the years but I utterly adore how Lynn (owner/designer/demi goddess of Vintage Lynndy Loo) knows how to fit a corset to my shape. She is sensational. The costume is as perfect today as when I first took ownership of it.

My final piece is another Vintage Lynndy Loo costume but this one is especially close to my heart. It launched a whole new world for me: acting. I wear this costume in two films by Alan Moore and Mitch Jenkins: Jimmy's End and His Heavy Heart. Its a Lynn special so fits perfect but it is my first corseted bodysuit. Painful if you want to get out for the loo but worth it. I spent 16hrs a day for a week in this outfit. I love it. Special pride in my costume room.

End of Interview...

sooo.i told it would be rather funny!! I hope you have enjoyed this evenings read with the amazing Khandie Khisses you can find this gorgeous women by the the links below and me.
lots of love
Natasha
xXx
Instagram-@roseanddenim
twitter-@rockdollywho

Facebook- khandie khisses
Instagram- @khandiekhisses
twitter-@khandiekhisses
also type In the name in youtube you will find  a small clip of "his heavy hurt"
a big thank you to Khandie for taking part in this interview (amazing lady)





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Harvey Browns

                     Harvey Browns           The Island's Deluxe Farmshop During the month of October we normally have a tradition of picking pumpkins at Arreton barns in farmer jacks farmshop, but they recently moved the pumpkins to Harvey Browns. it was our first time visiting since they opened and what a gorgeous place it was. The front entrance was full of a stunning line up of white and orange pumpkins and the place was booming. We had cake and coffee in the café. All their cakes are homemade and they have a selection of cakes that are gluten free and vegan. There's also a tantalising breakfast and lunch menu. they have an open kitchen area where you can see your food being prepped! How fancy ey!? The caramel latte was delicious, I must admit I'm a bit of a coffee snob...you'd definitely want to indulge and try it you won't regret it. As you leave the café you enter the famous farm shop itself, it's full of fresh meat, br

Money Savers; The Christmas Edition

  Money savers: The Christmas Edition  How to be frugal/ money saving ninja around the most expensive time of the year.  Let's face it Christmas can be overwhelming, over stimulated children, the pressure on mums is f#cking ridiculous, everyone's focuse and priorities are different to your own. appreciation of others and understanding one another we may never understand. The amount of gifts or not enough gifts, the most Instagram family picture compared to those who don't have matching xmas pjs. Remembering the real meaning of Christmas! How do we manage Christmas gifts on a budget!? It Totally depends on financials for each family wether thats a single parent household income or two parent house hold income it's manageble if you actually think smart and prep months in advance. Easy breakdown Husband / wife/ other half -  £50-£100  Your own children - £50-£100 per child depending on age. Friends and family  Adults - £15 per person  Children  - £5 per child 

Pumpkin Painting at Wyld IOW

Halloween in the most Instagramable location at Wyld IOW  Sip and paint Pumpkins with wyld this halloween.... On the 22nd October wyld opened their doors to something new for October, they supplied  the pumpkin patch, the paint , the welcome drink of our choice for just £15 per person   They had a variety of Halloween specials  I opted for the poison apple with  edible glitter and it was delicious.   Can you tell I had fun doing this in peace....  The kitchen was open and served up a range of delicious small plates and mains  with the option to go bottomless for two hours on the cocktails and fizz. We decided to go for 3 small plates for £15 and yes we ordered just halloumi fries...  We ended the seasion with a coffee and a photo group photo with our new members of the group meet cute zombie and ghosties.  Until next year all.  (Not a paid post, paid with